Capital Semente 2018 Science Award is intended to provide an incentive for Portuguese scientists to win global recognition while promoting partnerships between national and international academic researches.
- The award is presented with a 50.000 euros prize to distinguish the best-published articles, in Economic and Business Sciences field. The global amount will be distributed between the author and co-author(s), seventy percent (70%) for the main author and the remaining (30%) for the co-author(s).
- The themes should be of common interest and should result in collaboration between Portuguese researches (mandatory) and the international community (all nationalities are eligible, as author or co-author(s)).
All article must be approved for review or published in reference scientific journals between 1 October 2018 and 30 June 2019 (2019 academic year) and before submission;
- Poster submissions and drafts will not be accepted;
- The article must be written in Portuguese or English;
- Applications submitted after the closing date, 30 June 2019, will not be accepted.
Submission procedures (form)
- Address of the article (URL) or Journal acknowledge email (PDF);
- Details of the author and co-author(s);
- There isn’t a limitation of submission, each team, author or co-authors can submit unlimited articles;
- Individual applications are not acceptable, only jointly submissions.
The winner will be notified in October 2019.
1. The evaluation and selection will be carried out by an international jury chaired by Capital Semente.
2. The evaluation of applications takes into account the following factors:
R - Ranking of the journal;
O - The originality of the theme;
Q - Quality of research;
N - The number of submissions.
3. The evaluation and selection will be carried out by a jury chaired by Capital Semente.
4. The Jury may not award a prize if the articles in competition do not have sufficient merit.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we are not able to give any feedback to applicants on the assessment of their submission.
Additional information are available using at contact
Updated January 15, 2019